• Home
  • Blog
  • Dr. Knuth Baumgärtel unveils the Campus Cube signet
  • Company
  • Success stories
Campus Cube logo unveiled

Campus Cube sign unveiled at future headquarters

Striking signet of the Campus Cube is now visible from afar.

Managing Director Dr. Knuth Baumgärtel reveals the well-kept secret under the huge tarpaulins at Micro-Hybrid's new headquarters.

On May 26, 2023, the first important step towards the inauguration of the new Hermsdorf headquarters of Micro-Hybrid took place. On that Friday, the signet of the Campus Cube was unveiled, thus bridging the waiting period until the inauguration of the building next spring.

And anyone who has been following the ambitious plans of the Micro-Hybrid on site will have noticed that the brand name has been tweaked once again. Originally planned with the name "City Cube", it was ultimately changed to "Campus Cube". An absolutely plausible move in retrospect, because the location initiative TRIDELTA CAMPUS Hermsdorf e.V. will also soon find its representative home in the building. The TRIDELTA CAMPUS was launched by Micro-Hybrid, among others, and works to promote business and science in Hermsdorf and the surrounding area in order to make the high-tech location for technical ceramics and microelectronics known to customers, specialists and investors.

The historic building is currently undergoing core renovation so that in the future the executive board, management, product development and sales can work in this new headquarters. Demolishing the building and thus erasing its history was out of the question. Instead, it is to be continued as the Campus Cube.

Built in the 1960s, the 3-story building originally served as the headquarters of the Kombinat Keramische Werke Hermsdorf (KWH). The "Blaue Bock", as the building was popularly known at the time, remained after reunification and was used by the state of Thuringia as a multi-purpose building with various commercial tenants. Micro-Hybrid finally bought the building in 2019. The plans that followed then call for extensive core renovation before approximately 40 percent of the space is used by Micro-Hybrid itself. The other 60 percent will go to commercial tenants.

For Knuth Baumgärtel, the signet unveiling is a moment steeped in history. Since 2006, Baumgärtel, who holds a doctorate in business administration, has been managing partner of Micro-Hybrid Electronic GmbH - the company founded, among others, by his father, who was an engineer at Keramische Werke Hermsdorf in his earlier days.

In the last 17 years, as Managing Director, he has developed Micro-Hybrid from a small local service provider into a global market leader. The Campus Cube rounds off the overall picture: equipped with a showroom, a cinema room and a studio for videos, it supports global sales with new presentation and meeting facilities. For Micro-Hybrid, the Campus Cube is a springboard for growth. It reflects the company's international appeal and serves as both an official reception building and a figurehead.

Among other things, a Welcome Center is planned for the Campus Cube, where domestic and foreign delegations will be welcomed. The unveiling of the signet on a grand scale simultaneously serves as a

Employees from the research department and CEO Dr. Knuth Baumgaertel in the production area.

Finalist at the Thuringian Innovation Award

  • Application
  • Company
  • Events
  • Technologies and Products
Sales manager of the company SmartGAS with a gas sensor in his hand Micro-hybrid IR emitter on Mars mission

Groundbreaking success for manned space flight to Mars

  • Application
  • Company
  • Science
  • Technologies and Products
Anesthesiologist in the operating room using the surveillance monitor

CO2 analysis in medical

  • Application
  • Technologies and Products