Micro-Hybrid Electronic GmbH is in the field of IR sensor technology, in addition to thermopile based sensors also a supplier of a range of high quality pyro detectors for use in optical infrared gas analysis and flame detection.
The portfolio of Micro-Hybrid's own pyroelectric infrared sensors is currently equipped with analog outputs. For the integration of these sensors into the customer's application, a lot of experience in analog technology is required. A sensor with a direct digital interface eliminates the time-consuming development of primarily analog electronics, making integration into a measurement system much faster and easier for the user. The aim is therefore to supplement the product portfolio of pyroelectric sensors with a digital series.
The aim of the work is to commission an existing digital infrared sensor in the prototype stage consisting of pyroelectric sensors and an ASIC for signal conversion and to characterize important electrical properties of the ASIC.
This task includes, but is not limited to, the following subtasks:
- Development of a microcontroller program to read out the sensor via I²C and transfer it to a PC.
- Commissioning of the existing prototype boards
- Development of a PC program to store the sensor data in a suitable format
- Characterization of the assembly like evaluation of the noise behavior, drift over temperature, drift over voltage supply, accuracy, frequency response
- Evaluation of the data and comparison of the results with other discrete or analog sensors.
Requirements / Qualification
- Very good knowledge in
- Analog technology and measurement
- signals and systems
- Good knowledge in
- Microcontroller programming (C, C++, Micro Python etc.)
- Measurement data acquisition via PC (Labview, C, C#)
- Use of appropriate evaluation tools (Excel, R etc.)
Team Leader PD IR/GAS Sensor
Tel.: (+49) 36601 592-0